Thursday 6 April 2017

Who Am I?

Hi guys! So I thought I'd start a blog about Computer Graphics (CG). Compared to some, I'm pretty inexperienced, although I do have some experience with The GIMP and I'm currently tackling 3D with Blender. I imagine I'll probably focus mostly on Blender, but we'll see where this takes us. As I start producing original renders and not just tutorial pieces I'd like to start posting my work here (or at least a link).

I thought a bit about the name I would use, and it occurred to me that CG is who I am (literally, those are my initials!) And wisdom is something that I've always felt was a goal worth attaining (and that also starts with my initial!) So put that together with my interest in computer art, it just fit. I have to admit I'm heavily inspired by BlenderGuru, who advised making an online presence for yourself, so I wanted a blog and online identity which reflected myself and my artwork.

I am currently working through an OpenCourse provided by Tufts University and taught by Neal Hirsig. Unfortunately the course is being retired in less than a month, however the course is also a little out dated now. It is designed for Blender 2.6, and at the time of this writing Blender is at version 2.78c (which I have yet to download!) Neal graciously gave me permission to rewrite, redistribute or otherwise use his course in any manner which I felt appropriate, and so I may very well use this site as a place to do exactly that. But of course I'll update it to be a little more current. I haven't finished it yet, but the course does seem to be entirely based on the Blender internal renderer, but according to BlenderGuru podcasts from a few years ago, the intent is to make the Cycles renderer the default rendering engine for Blender. I'm not sure what the status of that is yet, as I'm working on catching up on the news, so I've got a couple of years to catch up on! What I'd like to do, if I ever reshape Mr. Hirsig's lessons is to update them for the Cycles renderer, as that seems to be the direction Blender is heading. But we'll have to see. I haven't settled on a structure or plan for this site yet, as I'm quite thoroughly immersed in my studies. Hope it all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment